August 7, 2008

Yellow Fellow

With just a couple of weeks before my company's big international convention, I am ready to pull my hair out. (As are my coworkers, who make up the majority of my blog readers.) So, I thought I'd post a very special Bird of the Week that my husband, Tim, wrote a few months ago. It's great for two reasons: One, I don't have to take the time to write it. Two: it's short and funny, so you don't have to take much time to enjoy it. Everyone wins!

And while this special bird is familiar to all of us, you might learn a few things!




Your BOTW is Big Bird.

Fact: Sesame Street’s big yellow bird can roller skate, ice skate, dance, sing, write poetry, draw, and ride a unicycle.
Fact: Big Bird has a teddy bear named “Radar.”
Fact:
While Big Bird is generally thought to be a canary, when he visited the Neighborhood of Make-Believe in Mister Rogers' Neighborhood he shared with X the Owl that he is a Golden Condor. (Highly endangered.)
Fact: Big Bird's birthday is March 20.

This has been Your BOTW.




Ah, gotta love Big Bird. Now, I could end this with a cute little video of the big yellow guy so we could all reminisce about our younger days watching Sesame Street. But we're all stressed and tired and probably mad at someone in another department, so I thought an angry spoof about Big Bird catching bird flu would be more appropriate. Enjoy!



5 comments:

Kelly Branan said...

This has to be your best post yet, oh wait, it wasn't actually your post. Nice job Tim! Will you write one about the San Diego Chicken? What's up with THAT guy?

Tim Haran said...

Nice job. I'm with Kelly. Next up: San Diego Chicken. And then Surfin' Bird by the Trashmen. These are the birds that deserve the ink. Oh, and the Tufted Titmouse.

Loved the video, though. Nice touch getting an Asian involved in the bit.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little hurt that you have guest writers and I've yet to be invited, didn't you read my blog about getting attacked by a badger, see, I can write about nature!!! - Patrick

Amy H. (bird geek) said...

Oh, Patrick. It isn't difficult to guest blog on Your BOTW if you're interested. Just e-mail me a 10- to 20-page proposal that includes a summary of the blog entry, an author bio, key sales and marketing figures, a comparison with the competition, an annotated table of contents, some sample material, and a full list of your research and sources. Simple!

Tim Haran said...

Don't let her fool you, Patrick. Here's the extent of my BOTW research:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bird

There's got to be something similar for the San Diego Chicken that you can draw from.

Nature Blog Network
All About Birds: Free Bird Guide and More